Bat safari – Evening walkAddress: Porttornet, Hovdala Slott Date: Thursday 13 aug 2020 - Thursday 17 Sep 2020 Show map
Address: Porttornet, Hovdala Slott
Experience the bats Hovdala. An exciting, interesting and fun nature walk on Hovdala at dusk and darkness.
In Sweden, 19 bat species have been found and 17 of them have been seen or heard at Hovdala. Why do so many different bat species thrive on Hovdala? Where do the bats live? What do they eat? How old does a bat become? How can they "see" in the dark?
We walk on trails from the castle to Hammarmölledamm and get answers to these questions and much more. We look for bats and we use bat detectors to listen to them. The walk is quite simple but not wheelchair accessible.
Start and finish at the castle. We meet at the Gate Tower, Hovdala Castle. A simple cup of coffee is included. The event takes about two hours.
Rain! Heavy rain is bad bat weather. However, I do not set any planned bat safari. Except in too bad weather and in that case at the very last moment. Guests who prepaid always receive the money back or offer another date in case the event does not go away.
• Maximum 35 people per occasion and mandatory pre-booking.
• Refrain if you have cold symptoms - full refund is payable if you cancel and have paid in advance.
• If you belong to any of the risk groups, please refrain.
• Hand spirit will be in place.
• The handling of bat detectors and coffee cups is specially adapted.
• It is important to keep in mind the distance throughout the event - as we walk in twilight and darkness.
Date and times 2020:
Jul 16: 9pm
Jul 23: 9pm
Jul 30: 9pm
Aug 13: 20:00
Aug 20: 20:00
Aug 29: 7:30 pm - International bat night!
03 Sep: 19:00
Sep 10: 7pm
Sep 17: 6 p.m.
Price: 200 kr. Family Special: Free for children and adolescents under the age of 18 in the company of paying adult.
Booking no later than two hours before the start of the event. The booking confirmation is your ticket document and will be shown to staff on site.
Photo: Jens Rydell and Teresa Starkenberg.